This is the first of a two part launch episode in which we introduce you to the women behind Change Making Women.
TOPICS WE DISCUSS IN THIS EPISODE
- What Kipilipili means and why Ziada believes it is so important to love your natural hair
- How Kipilipili has grown organically from a simple idea about sourcing products to a business with a change making mission behind it
- Working with a partner – and tips about how to make it work if you are already friends
- The huge importance and benefits – of listening to your audience
- How Ziada is maximising social media channels to expand the impact of Kipilipili
- Mixing making a difference with a business that provides what real women actually want
Some Quotes from the show:
‘Love your natural hair’
We are learning as we go along – it’s been a beautiful journey so far’
‘Especially Instagram is really big in Tanzania, people do business on Instagram a lot’
‘What we are really telling you is not to alter your natural hair, you don’t have to change yourself’
‘We are very much data driven, our inspiration comes from women who give us feedback’
You can listen to this episode above or find it on ITunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud.
If you like this episode of Change Making Women please like us on SoundCloud or rate & review us on ITunes or Stitcher– it helps us connect with more change making women and to grow this work.
Connect with us:
ChangeMakingWomen on Instagram
ChangeMakingWomen on Facebook
Ziada – @zkabwe on twitter and Instagram
Mary Ann – @maryannmhina on twitter and Instagram
Leave a Reply